I suggest you ...

Please remove unlimited scrolling

Hello. I like the new design but I think unlimited scrolling is a bad choice for this site. It was very easy to find the painting I'm looking for when there were pages but it's very difficult with the new unlimited scrolling. For example; I want to see mid to late works of Dürer. I go to the artist's page and list artworks by date. When there were pages, I could quickly skip to 6th or 7th page to find later works but now, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll each time I want to find later works of an artist. Please bring back the pages and remove unlimited scrolling.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TrevorTrevor commented  · 

Re: 'Probably many people are interested in latest works. We can easily add such sorting within current design'

Very agreeable but:

That says so much about the understanding and research on differentiated user requirements, and how that information shapes your design strategy.

It says it is a technology led change - far to much 'Agile' influence.

Yes, serious minded users do not want this. I imagine they prefer the cataloguing system of a library over that of a shopping platform. Your bad. Too much commercial influence.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I wanted to second this-- recently I was trying to flip through all of Realism, and had no way of returning to my place. Some kind of filter option for date would work too.

• CeciliaCecilia commented  · 

in artist page and in artworks item too. thank you

• sorollasorolla commented  · 

Is this feature still being considered? I just wanted to concur with the OPs update, and say that I am still interested.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Hello I'm the Op. It's not only that, with pages, it's very easy to:

- Go back and forth between artworks.
        - Mark location of the artworks. (e.g. Picasso's cool works are at the 7th page. I'll come back to this later.)
        - Continue browsing from where you left. (E.g. Okay I left at the 6th page. I'll continue from here later.)

None of these are possible with the new design. It also hurts your finger scrolling that much.

Thank you for the consideration.

• WikiArt TeamAdminWikiArt Team (Admin, WikiPaintings.org) commented  · 

We are discussing paginated view for artist page, probably we can add separate page for it later, aka 'academic view'.

Probably many people are interested in latest works. We can easily add such sorting within current design.

Feedback and Knowledge Base